[R-sig-Debian] [ANNOUNCEMENT] cran2deb: 1700+ new Debian / R packages

Michael Rutter mar36 at psu.edu
Tue Jul 14 14:56:51 CEST 2009

Dirk,

Looks like a lot of work has created a very useful set of packages.
Two questions.

1.  Are there any negatives going from an install.packages("foo")
approach using R then switching to an apt-get install r-cran-foo
method of installing packages?  If I install a deb package on top of
an R installed package, will there be issues?

2.  What will it take to do this for Ubuntu?  Are we going to need a
(virtual) machine for each release or can this be done under chroot
jails on one server?

Excellent work,