[R-sig-Debian] plans for lenny-cran? can I help?

Piet Plomp piet at bioinf.nl
Thu Feb 5 12:31:06 CET 2009

Hi,

I'm running a highschool network with Debian etch and the etch-cran
"backports" on top of it. Being bio-informatics, the newest R is essential to
us.

I did some upgrading experiments; switching to ubuntu is not
an option, neither is fetching the sid debs for r.

When trying to upgrade from etch to lenny with etch-cran packages installed
things block on etch-cran dependencies.

With the upcoming release of lenny: is anyone planning a lenny-cran?
If not, can I help (I've only got amd64/x86_64 systems available)?

I'll need some help setting things up; currenlty I've got one system running
lenny (without R as you'll have understood) on which I could try to compile R
packages.

Yours,

Piet Plomp