[R-sig-Debian] [OT] What file can I use to change Ubuntu 9.10 display characteristics?

Johannes Ranke jranke at uni-bremen.de
Sat Dec 5 17:14:41 CET 2009

Hi,

I am using Kubuntu 9.10 on my netbook without xorg.conf and I can confirm that
the Xserver listens to what xrandr tells it (in my case this is
xrandr --output VGA1 --right-off LVDS1). Only if I use the KDE4 configuration
tool after that, the xserver reverts to cloning the desktop on VGA which only
makes sense if the resolutions match or are matched. The latter was no problem
in my case - I just set the resolution from 1368x768 to 1024x768 with this
tool, which leaves me with a stretched and blurred desktop on the panel. I can
also resize
using xrandr --output LVDS1 --mode 1024x768.

Kind regards and good luck,

Johannes