[R-sig-Debian] Installing R Packages on ubuntus

Michael Rutter mar36 at psu.edu
Thu Aug 27 13:59:42 CEST 2009

Ogbos,

This is a tricky install since you need some ubuntu packages and R
packages from different locations (cran and R-forge).  Also note that
there was an error in your install.packages command.  This is what I
used on my 64bit jaunty machine.

sudo apt-get install gdal-bin libgdal1-dev
sudo R
# Following commands in R
install.packages("sp")
install.packages("rgdal")
install.packages("raster",repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")

I can't grantee raster works, but this installed the packages and I was
able to load the library.

Hope this helps,
Michael