[R-sig-Debian] The PAckages Do not Work in Ubuntu

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Apr 28 17:05:52 CEST 2009

On 28 April 2009 at 11:44, Getulio Amaral wrote:
| I installed R with the commands
|
|  sudo apt-get update
|  sudo apt-get install r-base
|  sudo apt-get install r-base-dev
|
| But when I try install.packages() to install the package rimage it does
| not work. Please let me know what should I do?

You are asked to supply minimal, reproducible, self-contained bug reports.

But you didn't. All you did say "does not work".

As we cannot look into your computer from afar, it is difficult for us to
help you.  As a guess, I suppose that you failed to install development
headers for rimage.  Did you read the documentation / README of that package?