[R-sig-Debian] Thanks for the lenny-cran AMD64 ports

Kouros Owzar kouros.owzar at duke.edu
Sat Apr 25 01:06:59 CEST 2009

Hi.

I would like to thank Johannes, Piet and others for the lenny-cran AMD64
ports.

I have a question about  r-recommended from lenny-cran which I just
installed:

hotelling:~$ apt-cache policy r-recommended
r-recommended:
  Installed: 2.9.0-1~lennycran.0
  Candidate: 2.9.0-1~lennycran.0
  Version table:
     2.9.0-1 0
        600 http://debian.lcs.mit.edu unstable/main Packages
 *** 2.9.0-1~lennycran.0 0
        625 http://cran.fhcrc.org lenny-cran/ Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     2.8.1-2~lennycran.0 0
        625 http://cran.fhcrc.org lenny-cran/ Packages
     2.7.1-1+lenny1 0
        750 http://debian.lcs.mit.edu lenny/main Packages

Why is it that r-cran-boot from lenny (not lenny-cran) is installed

hotelling:~$ apt-cache policy r-cran-boot
r-cran-boot:
  Installed: 1.2.33-1
  Candidate: 1.2.33-1
  Version table:
     1.2.36-1 0
        600 http://debian.lcs.mit.edu unstable/main Packages
     1.2.36-1~lennycran.2.9.0 0
        625 http://cran.fhcrc.org lenny-cran/ Packages
 *** 1.2.33-1 0
        750 http://debian.lcs.mit.edu lenny/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

I had been under the assumption (this may reflect my rather limited
understanding of APT) that r-recommended from lenny-cran would
automatically pull the recommended packages (e.g., survival, boot, etc)
from lenny-cran.

Take care,

Kouros