[R-sig-Debian] lenny-cran AMD64

Kouros Owzar kouros.owzar at duke.edu
Wed Apr 22 05:07:50 CEST 2009

Hi Johannes.

Thanks for the prompt response.

I am using these backports on all of my personal machines (two
workstations and two laptops) as well as on servers connected to our
research group.

The availability of these backports along with some hard to build packages
(such as Dirk's r-cran-rsprng) convinced me about three years ago to
switch completely to Debian (before that I was using both CENTOS and
Debian).

Take care,

Kouros

PS The etch R backports are also installed on my daughter's computer so
that she will have access to R as soon as she is old enough to use it. She
is only four and I am proud to report that she knows how to start up
iceweasel to get to the "my little pony" page (she does not recognize IE).

Kouros Owzar
Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics
Duke University Medical Center
919-681-1829
kouros[dot]owzar[at]duke[dot]edu