[R-sig-Debian] Package Matrix

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Apr 18 13:33:04 CEST 2009

Hi Arne,

On 18 April 2009 at 10:00, Arne Henningsen wrote:
| Hi Dirk!
|
| It would be great if you could upload a (Debian) package "r-cran-matrix"
| that includes the latest version of the R package "Matrix" to
|    http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/intrepid/

I am sure that Vincent and Michael, diligent as they are, will pick this up :)

| "r-recommended" depends on "r-cran-matrix", but only the (outdated) version
| that shipped with intrepid (0.999375-10-1) is currently available.
| Note: "Package 'Matrix' is now a recommended package contained in the basic R
| distribution." (see Changelog of R-2.9.0)

Yes, I changed the Depends: for that a while back on the Debian side. See
http://changelog.debian.net/r-base -- it was five releases ago for the March
20 snapshot release of R 2.9.0-to-be.

| Thanks a lot for your great work,

My pleasure, and thanks to Vincent and Michael for picking up the pieces on
the Ubuntu side of things.