[R-sig-Debian] ubuntu hardy packages 32bit no tcltk support

Ulrich Leopold Ulrich.Leopold at tudor.lu
Wed Sep 17 09:08:33 CEST 2008

Michael and Vincent,

thanks a lot for the quick responses and solution.

@ Vincent: The third element showed that tcltk support was not compiled
in. Underneath it showed FALSE. But probably was not so clear from the
output I sent.

Thanks again to you both for taking on the issue immediately.

Best wishes,
Ulrich

On Tue, 2008-09-16 at 20:05 -0400, Michael Rutter wrote:
> Ulrich,
>
> We have solved the issue, which was an unknown dependency in tk8.5-dev.
>   The new versions, r-base-core_2.7.2-2hardy1, should be populating CRAN
> mirrors in the near future.
>
> Thanks for catching the error,
> Michael
>

> Ulrich Leopold wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I noticed that the r-base package for Ubuntu 8.04.1 do not have the
> > tcltk support compiled in. Would it be possible to correct this?
> >

> >> echo "capabilities()" | R --no-save | tail -6
> > [Previously saved workspace restored]
> >
> >> capabilities()
> >     jpeg      png    tcltk      X11     aqua http/ftp  sockets   libxml
> >     TRUE     TRUE    FALSE     TRUE    FALSE     TRUE     TRUE     TRUE
> >     fifo   cledit    iconv      NLS  profmem    cairo
> >     TRUE    FALSE     TRUE     TRUE     TRUE     TRUE
> >

> > Best regards,
> > Ulrich

Ulrich Leopold

Resource Centre for Environmental Technologies, Public Research Centre
Henri Tudor, Technoport Schlassgoart, 66 rue de Luxembourg, P.O. BOX
144, L-4002 Esch-sur-Alzette, Luxembourg

tel: +352 425991 618
fax: +352 425991 601
mobile: +352 691 304813
http://www.crte.lu

Computational Bio- and Physical Geography, Institute for Biodiversity
and Ecosystem Dynamics, University of Amsterdam, Nieuwe Achtergracht
166, NL-1018WV Amsterdam, The Netherlands

http://www.science.uva.nl/ibed