[R-sig-Debian] Does rattle depend on testing's ggobi?

Robert King Robert.King at newcastle.edu.au
Thu Sep 4 06:09:04 CEST 2008

Thanks Graham,

(and thanks Dirk, I know I'm skating on thin ice as far as getting everything
to work with my "everything else stable, but every fresh release of R"
policy)

Rattle installs without ggobi, but then I run into a problem with glade, so
I'm guessing I want the backport of libglade2-0 1:2.6.0-4

Is that right?

Thanks,
Robert.

> rattle()
Error in rattle() :
  The RGtk2 package did not find libglade installed. Please install it.

my current glade related packages are:

chekhov:~> dpkg -l \*glade\*
uppercase=bad)
||/ Name            Version         Description
+++-===============-===============-==============================================
ii  glade           2.12.1-7        GTK+ 2 User Interface Builder
pn  glade-2         <none>          (no description available)
ii  glade-common    2.12.1-7        Common files for GTK+ 2 User Interface
Builder
un  glade-common-2  <none>          (no description available)
un  glade-doc       <none>          (no description available)
rc  glade-gnome     2.12.1-7        GTK+ 2 User Interface Builder (with GNOME
2 su
pn  glade-gnome-2   <none>          (no description available)
ii  libglade2-0     2.6.0-4         library to load .glade files at runtime
ii  libglade2-dev   2.6.0-4         development files for libglade
un  python-glade    <none>          (no description available)
ii  python-glade2   2.8.6-8         GTK+ bindings: Glade support
un  python2.3-glade <none>          (no description available)
un  python2.4-glade <none>          (no description available)