[R-sig-Debian] Does rattle depend on testing's ggobi?

Robert King Robert.King at newcastle.edu.au
Wed Sep 3 08:25:22 CEST 2008

Hello All,

I'm trying to install rattle from source on a AMD64 machine running etch.  I
have two packages installed from the etch backport
(r-cran-rodbc and r-cran-rsprng) but all the rest installed from source.  I'm
trying to install rattle, but

install.packages("rattle", dependencies=TRUE)

Tries to install rggobi, which complains about the version of libggobi.  Does
this mean that there isn't a way I can install rattle on etch?

* Installing *source* package 'rggobi' ...
checking for GGOBI... configure: error: Package requirements (ggobi >= 2.1.6)
were not met:

Requested 'ggobi >= 2.1.6' but version of libggobi is 2.1.4

--
Robert King, Statistics, School of Mathematical & Physical Sciences,
University of Newcastle, Australia (CRICOS Provider Number: 00109J)

 "It might be in the basement,
 I'll go upstairs and check .." Escher