[R-sig-Debian] building R with goto BLAS on Ubuntu 8.04

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Oct 14 02:28:04 CEST 2008

On 13 October 2008 at 15:37, Dale Steele wrote:
| I have successfully built R version 2.8.0 RC (2008-10-13 r46702) from
| subversion director on Ubuntu 8.04.  I would like to build a version
| which uses goto BLAS.
|
| Thus far, I've downloaded the academic version of goto blas and run
| the quickbuild command on my system:
|
|      ./quickbuild.32bit
|
| This command is successful creates a file:
|
|      libgoto_baniasp-r1.26.so
|
| I'm a little vague on how to proceed.  Thanks.  --Dale

As you know, Goto is not in Debian due to its non-free nature, so I do not
know how many of are in position to help you there _with Debian-specific
advice_.

I would suggest to study the relevant section in the R Admin manual that
covers this.  It may be as simple as install / soft-linking your
libgoto_baniasp-r1.26.so as libblas.so in /usr/local/lib (or some other
place) and ensuring that ld.so looks there before it looks in the usual
places. But as I haven't tried this myself, take this with a grain of salt.

Good luck,  Dirk