[R-sig-Debian] how to convert source code in windows package for linux (ubuntu)

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Fri Oct 10 23:05:38 CEST 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 3:13 PM, Josh Harmsen <josh.harmsen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,

> I was wondering if anyone here as successfully converted a package for
> windows to one that will work in Linux?

> What are the necessary steps if you have the source code?

If you have compiled code in the package I don't think it can be done.
 If you don't have compiled code then it can be done but it would be
somewhat awkward.  Essentially you would need to recreate the source
package from the installed package.

Why would you want to do this?  If you can start from the source
package the process is quite trivial.  Is there a reason that you
would have access to the Windows package but not the source package?