[R-sig-Debian] [R-sig-debian] compiling from source

Sebastian P. Luque spluque at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 21:08:34 CEST 2008

On Tue, 7 Oct 2008 14:44:23 -0400,
Vincent Goulet <vincent.goulet at act.ulaval.ca> wrote:

[...]

> I'd beg to differ, here. The "unstable" packages usually migrate to
> "testing" after the latency period of ten days. As for "stable", the
> binary packages are available from CRAN; see

But what if you're in testing and want to use the unstable packages, for
whatever reason?  That requires careful use of apt.  Alternatively, one
might decide to take the hard route and compile latest R source, making
sure all the proper versions development packages are installed.  That's
what I meant by "complicated".  Am I mistaken?

--
Seb