[R-sig-Debian] rkward on Ubuntu heron with R2.8.0

Duncan Golicher dgolicher at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 22:44:25 CET 2008

I am running R on Ubuntu Heron.

I recently updated to R 2.8.0 from the default (2.6) in the Ubuntu heron
repository by adding
deb http://cran.stat.sfu.ca/bin/linux/ubuntu hardy/
I updated all packages installed in /usr/lib/R/site-library and those in
my home directory  /home/duncan/R/i486-pc-linux-gnu-library/2.6
without obvious issues. I installed adehabitat and gpclib, which should
be good tests as they depend on the Matrix package. However I have now
lost the use of rkward.

rkward
/usr/bin/rkward.bin
error while loading shared libraries: libRlapack.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

I tried adding a backport repository

deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ hardy-backports main restricted
universe multiverse

Didn't help. I can't find anything else wrong. This list seems to be the
best place to ask. Does anyone know how to get rkward working with R2.8.0?

Thanks,

Duncan

--
Dr Duncan Golicher
Conservación y Restauración de los bosques de Chiapas

Email:  dgoliche at ecosur.mx
Skype: duncangolicher
WebLog http://duncanjg.wordpress.com/

Using Thunderbird on Ubuntu Hardy 8.04