[R-sig-Debian] Partial update of r packages possible?

Michael Rutter mar36 at psu.edu
Mon Nov 17 19:53:10 CET 2008

Matthieu,

Have you enabled backports in Ubuntu 8.04?  As per the ubuntu page on CRAN:

Installation and compilation of R or some its packages may require
Ubuntu packages from the "backports" repositories. In particular, this
is the case for Tcl/Tk 8.5 on Gutsy and Hardy. Therefore, it is
suggested to activate the backports repositories with an entry like

    deb http://<my.favorite.ubuntu.mirror>/ hardy-backports main
restricted universe

in your /etc/apt/sources.list file. See
http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/downloadmirrors for the list of Ubuntu