[R-sig-Debian] rmpi/snow grabs all available CPU

Manuel Prinz debian at pinguinkiste.de
Fri May 9 11:25:37 CEST 2008

> On Thu, 8 May 2008, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> > Plus, under Debian you get the slurm batch process managing tools that need
> > ompi and won't work with lam.

Technically, SLURM works well with LAM. But I do not recommend it. LAM
gave me more headaches than any other MPI implementation I used until
today. (BTW, SLURM works well with all of them.)

Am Donnerstag, den 08.05.2008, 14:40 -0400 schrieb Faheem Mitha:
> I've never heard of slurm before. Sounds like something out of a comic
> fantasy novel.

If you're looking for a Resource Manager, it's more than just worth a
look. My users love it for it's simplicity. And it's also pretty simple
to set up. But I'm a bit biased here. ;)

Best regards
Manuel