[R-sig-Debian] Question about graphical UI running R version 2.7.0 (2008-04-22) on Ubuntu Hardy Heron...

Tobias Verbeke tobias.verbeke at telenet.be
Sun May 18 09:23:02 CEST 2008

Hi,

If you want a full-fledged R IDE for Linux,
have a look at the StatET plugin for Eclipse:

http://www.walware.de/goto/statet/

Eclipse support is not tremendous for Ubuntu
(no recent builds to be apt-get installed),
so you will need to download and unpack
the stable release of Eclipse Classic from

http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/

and then install from within
Eclipse

Help -> Software Updates -> Find and Install...
Search for new features to install

You need to use

   http://www.walware.de/eclipseupdates

as a (new) Eclipse update site and walk through
the wizard.

To get started (launching R, configuring for Sweave etc.),
you can access the cheat sheets via

   Help -> Cheat Sheets... -> StatET: R in Eclipse.

For questions, there is a dedicated mailing
list at

I hope this is useful.

Kind regards,
Tobias