[R-sig-Debian] Installing odesolve package of R under Ubuntu (Debian) Linux

Vincent Goulet vincent.goulet at act.ulaval.ca
Sat Jun 28 23:03:31 CEST 2008

Le sam. 08 mars à 10:16, Ghislain Vieilledent a écrit :

Wow, that's an oldie. I hope you solved your problem since then...
Anyway, I had already typed my reply, so here goes.

> Bonjour,
>
> Je cherche à installer le package odesolve du logiciel de
> statistique R sous
> Ubuntu Linux.
> C'est un package qui contient des fonctions appelant du code en
> Fortran.
> A l'installation sous R via le shell, j'obtiens l'erreur suivante:
>
> Hi,
>
> I tried to install odesolve package of R under Ubuntu Linux.
> But I got the following error:
>
> ghislain at ghislain-laptop:~$ sudo R
> [sudo] password for ghislain:

[snip]

>> install.packages()

[snip]

> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lblas
> collect2: ld a retourné 1 code d'état d'exécution
> make: *** [odesolve.so] Erreur 1
> ERROR: compilation failed for package 'odesolve'
> ** Removing '/home/ghislain/R/i486-pc-linux-gnu-library/2.6/odesolve'
>
> Les packages téléchargés sont dans
> /tmp/Rtmp0zyelI/downloaded_packages
> Warning message:
> In install.packages() :
> l'installation du package 'odesolve' a eu un statut de sortie non nul
>>

> I tried to find a program called lblas with synaptic without succes.
> Would you have a solution to my problem ?
> Thanks for your help.

You're missing the blas library. You probably did not install the r-
base-dev package. It is required (well, it fetches tool needed) to
build packages from source.

HTH  Vincent

---
   Vincent Goulet, Professeur agrégé