[R-sig-Debian] [ESS] Debian/Ubuntu packages of a recent version of ess?

Peng Zhang pzhang at hsph.harvard.edu
Fri Jun 13 22:18:57 CEST 2008

did you try to use prevu to backport one? I backported the one in intrepid and installed in the hardy. So far have no problem.

Best,
Peng

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Prevu

>>> "Douglas Bates" <bates at stat.wisc.edu> 06/13/08 4:09 PM >>>
Is there a repository from which I can install a recent version of ess
as a Debian/Ubuntu package for amd_64?  On the Ubuntu list of packages
the released version of ess for hardy is 5.3.0-1 which seems, well,
ancient.  I see that there is a 5.3.8 version from the SVN sources for
intrepid but IIRC trying to install that bring you into all the fun
with pinning, etc.

It seems there is a binary debian package in the download site for the
ess sources but that is for the i386 architecture and I think one
would need to override the architecture to install that one.

Would it be possible to add ess to the list of Debian/Ubuntu packages
that are available on the CRAN archive?  I got the impression that it
might already be but I don't see it there.