[R-sig-Debian] R-SIG-Debian Digest, Vol 35, Issue 1

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Jul 6 18:32:09 CEST 2008

On 6 July 2008 at 10:38, COREY SPARKS wrote:
| R won't appear under the applications.  Go to the terminal (in the accessories menu) and type R.  It will run in command line.
| You might also want to install r-base-dev if you want to compile libraries.

For the record, under Kubuntu, I see it via the
    Debian -> Applications -> Science -> Data Analysis -> GNU R
menu path which makes sense given this menu file in the package:

?package(r-base-core):	\
	needs="text"	\
	section="Applications/Science/Data Analysis"	\
	title="GNU R"	\

Why Gnome doesn't show this I do not know but I'd be happy to fix that in the
package. If somebody knows how to setup proper menu files, let me know.