[R-sig-Debian] [R] I install R in Ubuntu with apt-get, But I cannot see help.start() page.why

Vincent Goulet vincent.goulet at act.ulaval.ca
Fri Aug 1 18:48:10 CEST 2008

[Moved from r-help to r-SIG-Debian, where this belongs.]

Le ven. 1 août à 00:50, xiaopeng hu a écrit :

> I install R in Ubuntu with apt-get,But I cannot see help.start()
> page.why

Errr... I don't think this qualifies as a post that follows the
posting guide linked at the bottom of this message.

What did you do *exactly* and what does "cannot see" mean? Normally
help.start() should open the help system"s home page in your default
browser. Perhaps on another virtual desktop or in a different tab?

Please be more specific if you want us to help you.

---
   Vincent Goulet, Associate Professor
   École d'actuariat
   Université Laval, Québec