[R-sig-Debian] Updating packages after install of r-base 2.6.2: cant update rgl

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Apr 10 15:37:02 CEST 2008

Michael,

I haven't had time to follow this closely but it seems that you that
reckon that because
	a) you have (or had) r-cran-rgl installed
you should be able to
        b) build either r-cran-rgl, or rgl
which is not true. We differentiate between Depends (to run) and
Build-Depends (to compile and link).

What you may need is a simple
        sudo apt-get build-dep r-cran-rgl
which should give you everything needed to build rgl (even if you do not turn
it into a local .deb)

I may have misunderstood, in which case I apologize for adding further
confusion.

Hth. Dirk