[R-sig-Debian] R 2.6.1

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Nov 26 21:36:33 CET 2007

On 26 November 2007 at 15:44, Tyler Smith wrote:
| On Mon, Nov 26, 2007 at 01:21:20PM -0600, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
| >
| > Debian testing users cannot run the unstable binaries as libc6 is ahead on
| > unstable. We'll have to wait for libc6, or for Johannes' backports :)
|
| Any idea when 2.6.0 will make it into testing? If I read the PTS
| info right, it's been hung up on some sort of circular conflict with
| rpy for some weeks.

Yes, very frustrating. At least you can (soon: could) grab either from
unstable and just use them on testing.

I will no longer let rpy block R like that. Rpy has too few users -- if it
breaks because I forgot to rebuild it, so be it.  The wait for R has been too
long. And of course, the counter now gets reset as we have the new package.