[R-sig-Debian] R 2.6.1

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Nov 26 20:21:20 CET 2007

R 2.6.1 is on its way to Debian unstable. I removed the references to
gcc-4.2, so backporting should be easier. One thing I lfet in was the
shlibs.local which will make R depend on tk8.4 newer than what testing and
Ubuntu have, so Johannes and Vincent may need to remove the file.

Debian testing users cannot run the unstable binaries as libc6 is ahead on
unstable. We'll have to wait for libc6, or for Johannes' backports :)

Cheers, Dirk

r-base (2.6.1-1) unstable; urgency=low

  * New upstream version released this morning

  * debian/rules: As gcc-4.2 is now, unset suffix '-4.2' on gcc et al
  * debian/control: Likewise, removed '-4.2' from gcc et al in Build-Depends
    and Depends for r-base-dev and used versioned Depends (>= 4:4.1.0)
    which are also suitable for backports and Ubuntu port -- and Debian
    will get 4.2 anyway as it is the default in testing and unstable

  * debian/rules: Define FC=gfortran as the Fortran95 compiler for packages

  * debian/r-base-core.shlibs: Point libR.so and libRlapack.so to r-base-core

 -- Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org>  Mon, 26 Nov 2007 11:20:57 -0600