[R-sig-Debian] separate window for help/newbie

Robert King Robert.King at newcastle.edu.au
Fri Nov 16 00:14:16 CET 2007

While we're on the KDE magic, how can I get help.start() to open a new
konqueror window, then have following help calls open new tabs in *that*
window.  I tried

> help.start()
Making links in per-session dir ...
If 'sensible-browser' is already running, it is *not* restarted, and
    you must switch to its window.
Otherwise, be patient ...
> options(browser="kfmclient newTab")
> ?help.start

but this opened a new tab for the help.start help in another konqueror window
on the current desktop, rather than the one that just opened.  (the same
happened with

> help.start(browser="kfmclient")
Changing the default browser (as specified by the 'browser' option) to
    the given browser so that it gets used for all future help
    requests.
Making links in per-session dir ...
If 'kfmclient' is already running, it is *not* restarted, and you must
    switch to its window.
Otherwise, be patient ...
> options(browser="kfmclient newTab")
> ?help.start

Thanks,
Robert.

--
Robert King, Statistics, School of Mathematical & Physical Sciences,
University of Newcastle, Australia (CRICOS Provider Number: 00109J)

 "It might be in the basement,
 I'll go upstairs and check .." Escher