[R-sig-Debian] getting the Debian pgp key

Anne York york at zipcon.net
Sat Mar 24 20:51:11 CET 2007

I'm still having the problem, but now I'm  thinking that it
might be because my ISP is temporarily (I hope) blacklisted.

Anne

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007, Johannes Ranke wrote:

JR > * Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> [070320 03:30]:
JR > >
JR > > On 19 March 2007 at 15:45, Anne York wrote:
JR > > | I've tried to obtain the public key as described in the
JR > > | README file in bin/linux/Debian on CRAN. The server
JR > > | specified in the README times out. The mit public key
JR > > | server responds that there is no such key.
JR > >
JR > > Based on the last messages by Johannes and Vincent, I would expect these
JR > > files to be on all CRAN mirrors. Maybe you can just try a different one?
JR >
JR > I am not sure if it makes sense to put the keys on the mirrors. If they
JR > should be compromised, the keys could be compromised, too, so I would
JR > think it's better to only provide them from an independent source as the
JR > keyserver network.
JR >
JR > As Vincent, I was just able to receive the keys with the given command
JR > from the keyservers, no timeout. Could you please report, Anne, if the
JR > server still times out and if you could solve your problem?
JR >
JR > Of course, Vincent is right, you can also choose to trust the CRAN
JR > servers and ignore the warning, that the key is not on your system.
JR >
JR > Johannes
JR >
JR >
JR > > Dirk
JR > >
JR > > --
JR > > Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.
JR > >                                                   -- Thomas A. Edison
JR > >
JR > > R-SIG-Debian mailing list
JR > > R-SIG-Debian at r-project.org