[R-sig-Debian] Backports of 2.4.1 to sarge and etch finished

Johannes Ranke jranke at uni-bremen.de
Wed Jan 3 16:16:53 CET 2007

Dear all,

I just finished my backports of R 2.4.1 to sarge and etch, for the i386
and amd64 architectures. While the 2.4.0 packages of Christian Steigies
are probably sufficient for most purposes, some might interested. I
reorganized my repository, so if you want to use my backports, add

deb http://www.uft.uni-bremen.de/chemie/ranke/r-cran sarge/
deb-src http://www.uft.uni-bremen.de/chemie/ranke/r-cran sarge/

	or

deb http://www.uft.uni-bremen.de/chemie/ranke/r-cran etch/
deb-src http://www.uft.uni-bremen.de/chemie/ranke/r-cran etch/

to your sources. If you want to use tagging e.g. for specifying the
sources, you can use

	apt-get source -t sarge-cran r-base

or similar for the r-cran-* packages.

This is only to bridge the time while CRAN maintainers consider mirroring
my backport, and to document that I'm through with this now. If
excessive bandwidth will be generated by these packages (which I doubt),
I will move them to a secret location.

Best,

Johannes Ranke