[R-sig-Debian] problems apt-getting from CRAN

Johannes Ranke jranke at uni-bremen.de
Thu Feb 15 14:52:30 CET 2007

* Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> [070215 05:20]:

> On 14 February 2007 at 15:29, Federico Calboli wrote:
> | Hi there,
> |
> | I hope that's not been asked ad nauseam (but I could not find it in the
> | archives...) but, if I put a CRAN mirror in my sources.list and I try to install
> | the latest R version for 'testing' I get the warning that the packages cannot be
> | autenticated.
> |
> | I tried to figure out how to get a GPG key from the mirror I'm using (the
> | austrian one) in case that's the solution, but fat chance! apt-get update does
> | not return any error anyawy, i.e. does not warn me of any missing GPG key from
> | the CRAN mirror.
> |
> | Any suggestion would be apprecciated.
>
> I'd guess it's simply missing.  Try wiki.debian.org for info on how to
> _create_ such a key, and then convince someone at CRAN to create one.

OK, I learned how to create and use an archive key by doing it.
Currently this key is only signed by me, but better then no signing at
all, I believe.

For details, see the updated README file, section SECURE APT. The
key ID is 381BA480.

The signed Release files and the README will be picked up by CRAN within
12 hours, and then propagate to the mirrors.

Johannes

> Dirk
>
> --
> Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.
>                                                   -- Thomas A. Edison

Dr. Johannes Ranke                 jranke at uni-bremen.de     Key ID: F649AF90
UFT Bremen, Leobenerstr. 1         +49 421 218 8971
D-28359 Bremen                     http://www.uft.uni-bremen.de/chemie/ranke