[R-sig-Debian] [Rd] bug in r-base (PR#10521)

Vincent Goulet vincent.goulet at act.ulaval.ca
Wed Dec 19 17:43:07 CET 2007

Le 07-12-19 à 11:04, marco a écrit :

> On Wed, 2007-12-19 at 10:32 -0500, Vincent Goulet wrote:
>> [Moved from r-devel]
>>
>> Le mar. 18 déc. à 10:35, m.zamboni at email.it a écrit :
>>
>>> Full_Name: marco zamboni
>>> Version: no R version
>>> OS: ubuntu gusty
>>> Submission from: (NULL) (87.9.174.188)
>>>

>>> I have just finish to install gusty ubuntu on my AMD sempron.
>>> I would like to:
>>> $ sudo apt-get install r-base
>>>
>>> but
>>> I seguenti pacchetti hanno dipendenze non soddisfatte:
>>> r-base: Dipende: r-base-core (>= 2.6.1-1gutsy0) ma 2.5.1-1 sta per
>>> essere
>>> installato
>>>         Dipende: r-recommended (= 2.6.1-1gutsy0) ma non sta per
>>> essere
>>> installato
>>> E: Pacchetto non integro
>>
>> First, this is not a bug with R at all; only a difficulty you have
>> with installing the r-base package.
>>
>> Second, this does not belong to r-devel, but to r-sig-debian. Hence
>> the discussion is moved to the latter forum.
>
> Sorry the second time I have written to r-sig-debian at r-project.org.

Please keep r-sig-debian in the list of recipients to maintain the
thread.

>> Now, did you follow the instructions in the Ubuntu README at
>>
>> 	http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/
>>
>> ? What is the result of
>>
>> 	apt-cache policy r-base
>
> marco at myPC:~$ sudo apt-cache policy r-base
> r-base:
>  Installed: (none)
>  Candidate: 2.6.1-1gutsy0
>  Version table:
>     2.6.1-1gutsy0 0
>        500 http://cran.r-project.org gutsy/ Packages
>     2.5.1-1 0
>        500 http://it.archive.ubuntu.com gutsy/universe Packages

The setup seems fine (although you could use a CRAN mirror). The
system got confused one way or another. Why don't you try removing r-
base (I figure 2.5.1-1 is installed) and retrying.

(I know, it's not a very subtle advice, but it may be the simplest way
to solve the problem.)