[R-sig-Debian] stable backport apt problem (solved)

Christian T. Steigies cts at debian.org
Wed May 3 15:29:58 CEST 2006

On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 03:19:09PM -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> Robert,
>
> Thanks for the follow-up. Hopefully someone (Christian ?) can pick it up from
> here as I don't use or build these backported packages...
>
> On 2 May 2006 at 11:50, Robert King wrote:
> | Hi Dirk,
> |
> | This is my attempt to re-create the problem.  I'm not so sure it is just
> | a dependency problem now.  I think there is possibly an apt problem on
> | my machine, combined with a problem with the dependencies where
> | r-recommended is wanting its old dependencies at the same time as trying
> | to replace them.

I tried to follow debian-policy with the provides/replaces/conflicts, but I
might have gotten it wrong. I now added r-recommended to this list, and it
seems to work better for me, but maybe you can try again. The version is
0sarge2 and should appear on your cran mirror soon, but you could try to
install from my debian page directly.

Christian