[R-sig-Debian] annoying warnings in ESS/Emacs

Simon Blomberg blomsp at ozemail.com.au
Mon Jun 19 07:33:50 CEST 2006

Hi Dirk,

After struggling with apt-get, which kept telling me that ESS was the
latest version, I finally downloaded 5.3.1 and installed it manually
using dpkg. That got rid of the annoying warnings in R/Emacs/ESS.
Thanks! Now I still have some dependency issues with R (I am very
dependent on R for my work! :-) ), but I think I can wait for the next
release, and update everything then.

Cheers,

Simon.