[R-sig-Debian] Compilation of R packages

Christian T. Steigies cts at debian.org
Mon Jul 10 21:26:31 CEST 2006

http://probability.ca/cran/bin/linux/debian/sarge/r.diff

> 2) It seems to me even simpler to just start from the unstable packages. But
> then, I have the problem of compiling the r-cran-* packages in the correct
> order. This brings me back to my original question, addressed to Dirk
> privately: what is the correct order? Dirk, I thought you "knew" since you
> compile the packages for unstable and testing. How do you proceed?

I would, actually I do, build r-recommended as a real package, which
requires just a handful of changes, as you can see in the diff. There are
two changes for the fortran compiler, and the other half of the diff is just
the changelog entry, so I don't think it is too hard to do.

I am not sure how difficult it is to set up an ubuntu chroot, but not that I
finally got my 6.06 CDs, and that the world cup is over, maybe I can give it
a whirl. But I am not promising anything...

Christian