[R-sig-Debian] New Debian packages using /usr/share/R as well as /usr/lib/R

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Jan 16 18:59:56 CET 2006

On 16 January 2006 at 11:33, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
| On 16 January 2006 at 19:09, Markus Jantti wrote:
| | Just downloaded and installed the files. It seems that (compared to
| | previous releases)
| |
| | /etc/R/Renviron
| |
| | lacks R_LIBS:
| |
| | pallas:~# diff /etc/R/Renviron /etc/R/Renviron.dpkg-old
| | 39a40,43
| | > # edd Apr 2003  Allow local install in /usr/local, also add a
| | directory for
| | > #               Debian packaged CRAN packages, and finally the default
| | dir
| | > R_LIBS=
| | ${R_LIBS-'/usr/local/lib/R/site-library:/usr/lib/R/site-library:/usr/lib/R/library'}

| |
| | (I delibarately let dpkg replace my old config files.)
|
| Thanks for catching that!   I'll try to fix this, that was not intentional.

Mistake on my part; I tried getting /usr/lib/R/etc into /usr/share/R/etc
but that isn't supported yet upstream. I had moved out the patch for R_LIBS
and while I moved it back, it wasn't uncommented.

Files in   	http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/code/debian/
have been updated, but they still aren't apt-get'able.

Thanks again to Markus for catching this.

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison