[R-sig-Debian] New Debian packages using /usr/share/R as well as /usr/lib/R

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Jan 16 17:52:42 CET 2006

Doug,

Sorry, forgot to say that this isn't apt-get get'able.

On 16 January 2006 at 10:29, Douglas Bates wrote:
| I should know this but ...
|
| Is it possible to add some version of the URL you give below to
| /etc/apt/sources.list so that I can use
|
| wajig build r-base-core
|
| to download and build the new package?

Possibly, but someone has to tell me how to build Packages* and Releases*
files.

In this case, could you just fetch the .diff.gz by hand and apply it to
r-base_2.2.1.orig.tar.gz by hand?

I also forgot to show the draft changelog, now below.

Regards, Dirk

r-base (2.2.1-3) unstable; urgency=low

  * Re-wrote parts of debian/* to take advantage of recent upstream changes
    permitting installation of (most) files outside of /usr/lib/R;
  * debian/rules: Use configure options
      --datadir=/usr/share/R/share and
      --includedir=/usr/share/R/include
    as well as 'make install' targets
      rsharedir, rincludedir, and rdocdir
  * debian/r-{base-html.{files,dirs}, doc-pdf.{files,links},
    doc-html.{file,links}}:
    updated accordingly to refer to /usr/share/R/* instead of /usr/lib/R
  * Architecture-independent files of r-base-core (apart from the actual
    default packages below /usr/lib/R/library/) now reside below
    /usr/share/R					(Closes: #300765)

  * debian/control: Added Build-Depends: for libx11-dev, libxt-dev, x-dev
    (though the existing Build-Depends on tcl/tk effectively cover this).
    Credits for the suggestion go to the xlibs-split-check script .

 -- Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org>  Sun, 15 Jan 2006 19:11:34 -0600

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison