[R-sig-Debian] New Debian packages using /usr/share/R as well as /usr/lib/R

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Jan 16 17:09:15 CET 2006

R always had all its files below /usr/lib/R, which isn't perfectly in line
with the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard (FHS). We did get some bug reports on
this, and I tried to argue for a while that this was consistent upstream
behaviour etc pp I would expect the issue to come back again.

Brian Ripley had made some changes to R a few months ago which allow to split
doc/, include/ and share/ off into /usr/share/R.  The set of R 2.2.1-3
packages now available at
	http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/code/debian/
uses this. Ans while "It works for me" so far, I would appreciate additional
testing.

Thanks, Dirk

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison