[R-sig-Debian] Adding R's texmf to tetex's texmf

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon May 30 02:19:17 CEST 2005

On 29 May 2005 at 23:59, Gorjanc Gregor wrote:
| Hello!
|
| I use Sweave for a report and up to now I always copied Sweave.sty to
| a folder where I have the report. But this can be done better (or did
| I miss anything) with
|
| * extension of TEXMF variable in texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf or
|
| * linking /usr/lib/R/share/texmf to somewhere in /usr/share/texmf
|
| I tried with the following and I didn't need to put Sweave.sty in
| folder with a report:
|
| cd /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex
| mkdir R
| cd R
| ln -s /usr/lib/R/share/texmf/Sweave.sty
| # This two are not really needed but to do everything
| ln -s /usr/lib/R/share/texmf/Rd.sty
| ln -s /usr/lib/R/share/texmf/upquote.sty
| # Rebuild TeX database
| texhash
|
| Could this be added in postinstall script for debian package?

Yes. We wouldn't do the linking in the postinst, but just place the files or
links in, say, /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/R and then run texhash.

| I am not sure if this is also OK/enough for pdflatex or any other
| "TeX" tools.

Should be -- the share the same path search library kpathsea.

Cheers, Dirk

--
Statistics: The (futile) attempt to offer certainty about uncertainty.
         -- Roger Koenker, 'Dictionary of Received Ideas of Statistics'