[R-sig-Debian] r-doc-html link problems

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue May 3 13:54:10 CEST 2005

On 3 May 2005 at 13:36, Gregor GORJANC wrote:
| Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
| > On 3 May 2005 at 12:31, Gregor GORJANC wrote:
| > | Hello!
| > |
| > | I have a Debian package r-doc-html 2.1.0-1 and I can't find the HTML files
| > | of manuals. Contents of the package are:
| >
| > "It works for me", i.e. 'dpkg -c' on the uninstalled .deb shows the manuals
| > in /usr/lib/R/doc/manual/ and the links under /usr/share/doc/r-base-html.
| >
| > | This links point to them selves. Should I report this to
| > | http://bugs.debian.org/r-doc-html?
| >
| > Someone made the same bug report to me before, and I couldn't replicate it.
| > It looks like it happens during upgrades.  Try purgeing the package, and
| > re-installing.
| Yap, that helped. Thank you Dirk!

Any idea what your directory structure was like before, or which version you
were upgrading from?  If there was something the package could during the
preinst phase it would help.

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he
predicted yesterday didn't happen today.  --  Laurence J. Peter