[R-sig-Debian] R source issue "sarge" or "stable"

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Jul 17 18:45:29 CEST 2005

Clint,

Sorry for the delayed reply, but I was away from my computers for several days.

On 6 July 2005 at 11:24, Clint Harshaw wrote:
| Hi Dirk and Douglas:
|
| I am a user of Debian and R. My system is a Debian Sarge system, and I
| want to add the ibiblio mirror to keep my R installation up to date.
| However, I'm running into some trouble when trying to follow the
| instructions in the README at this url:
|
| http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/languages/R/CRAN/bin/linux/debian/README
|
| I added the url of the ibiblio mirror and while apt-get upgrade sees the
| updates that are available, it is not able to download the packages. I
| think there is an issue with the name of "sarge" vs. "stable" for a
| directory.
|
| The mirrors I've tried (UCLA and ibiblio) are using "stable" in the
| directory structure, as seen at this url:
|
| http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/languages/R/CRAN/bin/linux/debian/stable/
|
| But there are references to "sarge" as a directory name.
|
| Is there a way that I can modify my sources.list to account for this
| discrepancy, or is the problem with the mirrors not being updated
| completely?

This mirror is maintained by Christian Steigies to whom I forward this. I
only use testing/unstable myself and cannot help you with this.  But for
broader exposure, I'll CC the r-sig-debian list where someone may have the
pertinent pointer.

Best regards, Dirk

--
Statistics: The (futile) attempt to offer certainty about uncertainty.
         -- Roger Koenker, 'Dictionary of Received Ideas of Statistics'