[R-sig-Debian] Re: [R] Problems installing quantreg

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Sun Feb 20 14:45:25 CET 2005

mark engle wrote:
> Sorry if I posted to the wrong list, I am a new user of R.  Locate libblas-3
> doesn't return anything.  The closest file I can find
> is /usr/lib/libblas.so.2 and I don't have a etc/alternatives/.  I am using
> the debs from apt-get that Dirk mantains for R-base and the other R-packages.
>
> Any ideas?  Thanks for your time.
> -Mark

I suggest that you remove and re-install the atlas3-base or atlas3-sse2
or atlas3-3dnow package.  They do not contain the libblas-3 file but the
act of installing them creates the links in /etc/alternatives and in
/usr/lib

BTW, I will be off line until Monday evening so I suggest you follow up
to R-SIG-Debian at R-project.org