[pkg-bioc] Re: [R-sig-Debian] "Debain" way of installing packages

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Apr 26 03:29:02 CEST 2005

On 25 April 2005 at 08:07, elijah wright wrote:

| > access to maintainers) and (non-backuped) disk space. Since we mirror
| > everything, this should not be too much of an issue, is it? I might have
| > to pay for a disk myself, but this is fine. We could do both i386 and
| > sparc. Also MIPS, but this is a bit pointless for now, isn't it?
|
| how much disk space would such a project need?  ballpark estimate?  tens
| or low hundreds of gigabytes?

One ballpark is from the build I did last summer / fall for Quantian and for
which the resulting .deb files are still lingering here on my machine -- just
the .deb files for most of (then) CRAN and BioC is about 430 mb, incl. a few
double entries.

Better to have an approximate answer to the right question than a precise
answer to the wrong question.  --  John Tukey as quoted by John Chambers