[pkg-bioc] Re: [R-sig-Debian] "Debain" way of installing packages

Egon Willighagen E.Willighagen at science.ru.nl
Sun Apr 24 19:58:54 CEST 2005

On Sunday 24 April 2005 19:45, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> Your enthusiasm in this matter is greatly appreciated. I am CC'ing this to
> the existing list on the alioth.debian.org hosting system: pkg-bioc-devel.
> This was initially set up my Matt Hope to foster debianising BioC, I then
> threw my exisiting Perl infrastructure (used previously for Quantian) at it
> and Egon Willighagen carried it from there with further improvements,
> incl. large scale builds of amd64 packages.
>
> With a little push from all of us (Hi Tony, Hi Matt, Hi Egon, Hi
> anybody-else-willing-to-chip-in :) we can make this even better and
> hopefully have something proper by the summer, maybe for DSC 20003.

What remains to be done? I think we can compile most of the CRAN packages
automatically with the Perl script on Alioth... there are some packages that
won't work at this moment, for various reasons, but I think 80+ percent gets
debianized. The resulting packages are quite Lintian ok, and I think the
packages are actually tested if they work during the process...

Dirk, you mentioned a few times some remaining bugs. What are the things you
feel that need to be fixed before we can try an setup a repository?

Egon

e.willighagen at science.ru.nl
PhD student on Molecular Representation in Chemometrics
Radboud University Nijmegen
http://www.cac.science.ru.nl/people/egonw/
GPG: 1024D/D6336BA6