[R-sig-DB] loadable.extensions vs. RSQLite

Benilton Carvalho ben||tonc@rv@|ho @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Nov 10 19:38:07 CET 2020

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to assist a student who is unable to connect to a sqlite db with
a simple call like:

library(RSQLite)
conn = dbConnect(SQLite(), "file.db")

And gets the error: "failed to load extension: unable to find specified
module" (sorry, I translated it myself)

But things go okay with

conn = dbConnect(SQLite(), "feile.db", loadable.extensions = FALSE)

When looking at the log of the installation, all I could spot was a warning
on the missing RTools... and noticed that the zip file (RSQLite 2.2.1) was
installed (which made me think that all modules needed were already
pre-compiled). This all happens on a Windows machine (I don't have one yet
to try to reproduce).

What are the current recommendations to have the extensions on Windows as
well?

Thank you so much for your help,
Benilton