[R-sig-DB] Use R to access multiple tables from stored procedure

Doran, Harold HDor@n @end|ng |rom @|r@org
Thu Apr 2 18:12:42 CEST 2020

My current familiarity is with RODBC and have many R functions that communicate with an internal DB to extract a single table using a stored procedure. A new stored procedure was written by a colleague that returns multiple tables and from the SO post below I understand that RODBC cannot be used to process multiple tables.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/41494419/how-to-read-multiple-result-sets-returned-from-a-sql-server-stored-procedure-in

I am trying to learn which R packages allow me to communicate with a SQL Server DB and process multiple tables. I see there is the RMySQL, but that's a different animal than what I need.

Can the list offer suggestions on which packages are best suited for this purpose? I see dplyr seems to offer this, but it doesn't seem that I can pass a sql query or execute a stored procedure in any functions from that package, but am not sure.

Thank you,
Harold