[R-sig-DB] trusted connection with DBI

w.oblak@wp.pl w@obl@k @ending from wp@pl
Sat Nov 3 11:33:52 CET 2018

Hello,  I have a question about DBI package.    Why  DBI::dbConnect(conn, trusted_connection = T)  works the same as  DBI::dbConnect(conn, trusted_connection = F  or  DBI::dbConnect(conn, trusted_connection = NA  ?  This code will return connection via windows authentication. If I
want not to use windows authentication then I must ommit the paramter  trusted_connection . It is hard to steer in my scripts cuz I must write a wrapper like this:  function ( drv ,  trusted_connection ,   # the rest of params) {
   if ( trusted_connection )   {
    DBI :: dbConnect ( conn ,  trusted_connection  =  T ,   # the rest of params)
   }   else   {
    DBI :: dbConnect ( conn ,   # the rest of params)
   }
 }  Happy Coding,  Wojtek