[R-sig-DB] sourcing dbGetQuery - external pointer invalid

András Tajti @t@jt| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Nov 17 14:40:07 CET 2015

Dear all,

I have a script, which connects to a MySQL database with RMySQL, then makes
several queries through the dbGetQuery function.

If I copy-paste the script to the R console, it works. However, if I
source() the script, it will throw an error when the first query sent:
"Error in eval(expr, envir, enclos) : external pointer is not valid"

I use R 3.2.2 on Ubuntu 14.04 (platform: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu (64-bit)), and
connect to the db through SSH.

Any help appreciated.

Andras Tajti