[R-sig-DB] RSQLite 1.0.0

Hadley Wickham h@w|ckh@m @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Sep 24 16:38:22 CEST 2014

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 9:20 AM, Gabor Grothendieck
<ggrothendieck using gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 7:36 AM, Hadley Wickham <h.wickham using gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've just pushed a potential fix. Can you please check?
>> Hadley
>>

> it now installs but RSQLite.extfuns breaks (which implies sqldf, dplyr
> and all other packages that depend on RSQLite.extfuns in some way
> potentially break too):
>
>> library(RSQLite.extfuns)
>> db <- dbConnect(SQLite())
>> init_extensions(db)
> Error in if (.allows_extensions(db)) { :
>   missing value where TRUE/FALSE needed

Sorry - I should've been more explicit about that in the release
notes. RSQLite.extfuns has been integrated into RSQLite so you no
longer need it. Here's the dplyr code for example:

load_extension <- function(con) {
  if (packageVersion("RSQLite") >= 1) {
    RSQLite::initExtension(con)
    return()
  }

  require("RSQLite")
  if (!require("RSQLite.extfuns")) {
    stop("RSQLite.extfuns package required to effectively use sqlite db",
      call. = FALSE)
  }

  RSQLite.extfuns::init_extensions(con)
}