[R-sig-DB] New generic for prepared queries

Hadley Wickham h@w|ckh@m @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Sep 4 18:29:00 CEST 2014

While we're on the subject of new generics, I think we also need a
generic for prepared queries. SQLite has

setGeneric("dbSendPreparedQuery", function(conn, statement, bind.data, ...) {
    standardGeneric("dbSendPreparedQuery")
}, valueClass = "DBIResult"))

Does that seem a reasonable API?  How the prepared query works would
vary from backend to backend, depending on what the underlying
database supports.

(I guess we'd also need a matching dbGetPreparedQuery and
dbExecutePreparedQuery)

Hadley

--
http://had.co.nz/