[R-sig-DB] RPostgreSQL installation Error - RPostgreSQL.so: undefined symbol: PQpass

Neil Tiffin ne||t @end|ng |rom ne||t||||n@com
Sat May 31 00:40:53 CEST 2014

On May 30, 2014, at 12:09 PM, Manoj G <manoj.g using isim.net.in> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Thank you for your responses. It really helped. :)
>
> The package RPostgreSQL checks for PostgreSQL libraries only in the
> following directory paths,
>
>    /usr/lib /usr/lib/pgsql /usr/lib/postgresql /usr/local/lib
> /usr/local/lib/pgsql /usr/local/lib/postgresql /usr/local/pgsql/lib
> /usr/local/postgresql/lib /opt/lib /opt/lib/pgsql /opt/lib/postgresql
> /opt/local/lib /opt/local/lib/postgresql /opt/local/lib/postgresql84
> /sw/opt/postgresql-8.4/lib /Library/PostgresPlus/8.4SS/lib /sw/lib

The locations shown below should really be ripped out.  At one time pg_config did not work correctly on Macs with either Fink or MacPorts, I don't recall which, and I added them, but they are no longer needed, on Macs at least.  Both Fink and MacPorts correctly install pg_config now.

> /opt/local/lib/postgresql84
> /sw/opt/postgresql-8.4/lib
> /Library/PostgresPlus/8.4SS/lib
> /sw/lib