[R-sig-DB] Netezza

Alex Mandel tech_dev @end|ng |rom w||d|nte||ect@com
Thu May 1 22:17:14 CEST 2014

On 05/01/2014 12:32 PM, Davor Turkalj wrote:
> Good day,
>
> I am using R to do some time sires analysis and data forecast. So fare I
> have used csv data as source but would like to use Netezza db. Is there a
> way to connect R to Netezza?
>
> Thank you,
> Davor Turkalj

Quick search indicates that ODBC would likely work. Poking some more
http://www.dbms2.com/2011/04/17/netezza-twinfin-i-class-overview/

That page says 1: there is an R connector (doesn't name or link it), 2:
base R is ported to Netezza platform (no details on how to use).

https://gigaom.com/2011/03/14/ibm-creates-big-data-frankenstein-with-netezza-r-fusion/

A Package named nzr? might only be part of Revolution's R variant.
http://www.slideshare.net/ajayohri/using-r-on-netezza

Enjoy,
Alex